Fix ‘The method or operation is not implemented Visual Studio’ when referencing project in F# solution

Fix ‘The method or operation is not implemented Visual Studio’ when referencing project in F# solution

Yesterday, when trying to reference a project within my solution, I had an error from VS with the following message.

image

The problem was that I was referencing another project which was unloaded.
When expanding the list of references, there is a warning sign for problematic references:

image

Most of the time, for me at least, it indicates a mismatch of F# version between the two libraries.
But a mismatch of F# version doesn’t cause the not implemented exception on Visual Studio.
The issue was that the library referenced was unloaded.

image

Once I made sure it was loaded, the sign disappeared and VS allowed me to add a reference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Absolute layout and relative layout Xamarin forms

Build an Accordion view in Xamarin.Forms

How to fix Xamarin Android app instantly closing with error after deployment